From Enter the Gungeon Wiki
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Breathes a stream of fiery bullets towards the player, either sweeping the room or aiming at the player.
- Pulls out two pistols and fires spreads of bullets in front, or rings to the front and sides.
- Pulls out two Uzis and fires two streams of bullets which start by the edges of the room and move towards the middle.
- Fires a rocket, which sends out a large ring of bullets upon colliding with the wall.
- Fires several spreads of bouncing bullets.
- Fires five homing skulls.
- Summons fire bullets which travel down from either side of the arena and cross through the middle.
- Throws large knives into either wall. The knives can be killed, and will continuously shoot a spread of bullets until they are killed.
- Once he is at low health, he becomes invulnerable and completely fills the room with moving bullets. The player must dodge between circular safe zones.
- Between each wave of bullets, his heart becomes exposed for a short time, during which he can be damaged.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For the first phase, it is recommended to stay near the back of the arena, where most of the Dragun's attacks can be more easily dodged, aside from the Uzi attack.
- The thrown knives should be taken out as quickly as possible as their attacks tend to overlap with the Dragun's attacks, leading to difficult situations.
- Explosive weapons can be used in the second phase to get rid of some of the bullets for easier dodging.
Unlocks[edit | edit source]
- Dragunfire and Gun Soul when killed for the first time.
- Old Knight's Flask when killed five times.
- Ancient Hero's Bandana and Cobalt Hammer when killed ten times.
- Blasphemy (for other characters) when killed as The Bullet.
- Battery Bullets (for other characters) when killed as The Robot.
- Bait Launcher when killed with Beastmode active.
- Gunther when killed with the Sorceress's blessing active.
- Chaos Bullets when killed with Challenge Mode active.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After defeating the Dragun, its body will disintegrate into a skeleton. Its skull will drop onto the platform where the character stands, and the spine will form a bridge to the area containing the Gun That Can Kill The Past. Shooting the skull until it breaks will drop the Obsidian Shell Casing, used to craft the Bullet That Can Kill The Past.
- The bullets fired by the second phase can not be entirely removed by blanks, as they will only remove bullets in a small radius.
- If the player has Wax Wings, Jetpack, Ring of Ethereal Form, or another item that allows the player to fly and attempts to fly behind the Dragun, he will send down a wall of bullets that forces the player back towards the bottom half of the arena. This will happen regardless of whether the Dragun is actively doing an attack or not.
- If the player has Challenge Mode active, the Dragun will always have Dragun Rage and High Stress active, which makes the Dragun much more difficult.
- If the player has accumulated Curse, the knives thrown by the Dragun can be Jammed.
- The hallway to the Dragun makes the vision zoom away from the player. If the player stops only a few steps from the animation, they can￼ teleport into another room, keeping the vision zoomed out for an advantage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The High Dragun's Ammonomicon image is a reference to Smaug from The Hobbit.
- The High Dragun hides in a mountain of shell casing (or the game's currency), similar to Smaug hiding in a mountain of treasure.
Video[edit | edit source]