3rd Party Controller
|3rd Party Controller|
|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|Assuming Direct Control|
|Allows for direct control of foes.
Purchased as a reward for a child of the Gungeon. Unfortunately, stupid Mom didn't know what kind of controller to buy and got this dumb third-party one. The controller was quickly discarded after one of the sticks became too wiggly.
3rd Party Controller is a gun. Upon hitting an enemy, they will move in the same direction the player moves, and shoot towards the crosshair if the player shoots. Their bullets will damage other enemies as well as the player. The player keeps controlling the enemy even when they switch to another gun.
It is possible to control multiple enemies at once. On each enemy controlled, a black line will connect to them and a P1 icon will appear over their head.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mad Cats - If the player also has Cat Bullet King Throne, the bullets shot from Cat Bullet King Throne home in on enemies.
- Controlled enemies do not deal contact damage, and can be killed safely by rolling over them.
- Enemies can be controlled so that they walk into pits.
- Some enemies can be made to fire much faster than usual, such as Shotgun Kin, who can shoot as fast as their animation with no reload time. This can be dangerous since the normal waves of bullets can fill the screen instead.
- Bosses cannot be controlled.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If 3rd Party Controller is used on an enemy that replicates itself (e.g. Misfire Beast, Killithid), the enemy will duplicate a lot more than intended causing huge lag and a high chance of death due to the projectile spam.
- If the weapon is controlling a Det, its laser attacks will print red traces of its attack that remain forever. This effect is, however, only cosmetic.
- Ashen Bullet Kin cannot shoot when controlled.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mad Cats synergy is a reference to MadCatz Interactive, formerly one of the leading producers of third-party gaming controllers.
- "Assuming Direct Control" is a reference to Harbinger from "Mass Effect 2" who, before gaining control over any regular enemy, would announce it by saying this phrase.
- During the reloading animation of this gun, the Gungeoneer destroys the controller and takes out a new one.