Abyssal Tentacle is a gun that fires a tentacle which homes in on and grips enemies, ignoring obstacles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cosmic Horror - If the player has Black Hole Gun, black holes fire three tentacles while active.
- Decoy Octorok - If the player has Decoy or Explosive Decoy, the decoy will turn into a charmed enemy.
- Kaliber's Grip - If the player has Yellow Chamber, Chaos Bullets, or Holey Grail, Abyssal Tentacle grabs two enemies at a time.
- The tentacle can grip enemies through walls.
- The tentacle can damage disappearing bosses like Cannonbalrog and High Priest if they are connected and kept while vanished.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun may be a reference to Day of the Tentacle, in which a sentient tentacle of the same color scheme becomes engrossed in the prospect of world domination.
- The Decoy Octorok synergy is a reference to the Metal Gear Solid character, Decoy Octopus and the purple, tentacled Legend of Zelda enemies of the same name.
- It is also a reference to Dave Crooks, one of Enter the Gungeon's developers, whose handle is DecoyOctorok.
- The gun could also be a reference to the classic MMORPG RuneScape, where the Abyssal Tentacle is a power whip-like weapon.
- The Cosmic Horror Synergy is a reference to the Lovecraftian Horror genre, which is also sometimes called "Cosmic Horror." Cosmic horror deals with malevolent, godlike aliens affecting our reality in various unpleasant ways, including tentacles coming out of black holes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Abyssal Tentacle's appearance with the Kaliber's Grip synergy.