|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Briefly stops time.
This bell appears to be made of different materials at different times. The mournful tones it emits echo forwards and backwards. Some claim that they can hear it before it rings.
Aged Bell is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Get Equipped With -F -If the player has Megahand, Megahand can be toggled into Time Stopper by reloading at full ammo, which briefly stops time on a fully charged shot.
- Holy Bell - If the player has Trident, killing an enemy with the Trident creates a large circular area that slows time.
- Using Aged Bell does not stop moving platforms.
- Using Aged Bell does not stop bullets that spawn after time has stopped (e.g. when a Spogre dies).
- Using Aged Bell does not stop the Lord of the Jammed from moving or shooting, nor does it stop the Serpent from shooting during the first phase of the Advanced Dragun.
- Using Aged Bell does not stop Kill Pillars or their bullets
- Using the Aged Bell is a good strategy for unlocking the Shelleton Key. If you activate Rainbow Mode and restart on the first floor until you get Aged Bell and then steal from the shop, repeating the process ten times, you can unlock the Shelleton Key more efficiently.
- If the player dies while using the Aged Bell and performs a quick restart, the music will be muted for the rest of the run.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to the magical necromantic bell "Saraneth" from the Aborhsen series of books by Garth Nix.
- This item could also be a reference to the "Unheard Bell", a relic from the TV and manga series Made In Abyss. Although the TV series was released after the item's introduction, the manga it is based on dates back as far as 2012.
- The synergy Get Equipped With -F- is a reference to the "Time Stopper", one of the special weapons from Mega Man 2.
- Lacuna means a small gap or unfilled interval, likely referring to the gap of stopped time created by using the bell.