Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Agunim cannot be attacked directly. He has several attacks:
- Fires several streams of bullets shaped like lightning bolts that move erratically.
- Fires a wide spread of randomly scattered bullets.
- Fires a small cluster of bullets.
- Fires a large purple orb which can be reflected using Blasphemy to damage him.
- The second and third times, he will reflect the orb back several times.
After hitting him three times with the purple orb, he will be defeated and a hole in the arena will appear leading to Cannon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Agunim's attacks are identical to Shadow Magician's. His Ammonomicon image and character sprite are also similar to those of the Shadow Magician, but with a change to the color palette.
- This possibly relates to the Ammonomicon entry stating that the Shadow Magician is "controlled by an unseen master" and how Agunim is said to still exist within the Gungeon, attempting to escape. If so, the Shadow Magician could be a puppet being used by him to aid with his plan.
- The Shadow Magician is even referred to as "shadow_agunim" in the game files.
- Agunim is a reference to Agahnim from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- The similarity to the Shadow Magician is also a reference to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, as you fight copies of Agahnim multiple times throughout the game.
- Even with the Galactic Medal of Valor, it will take three orbs to kill Agunim.
- This is probably because the orbs are not an attack done by the player, but by Agunim himself.
- Art from the physical Ammonomicon shows that Agunim is the Sell Creep.