Ancient Hero's Bandana
|Ancient Hero's Bandana|
|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Complete the Forge 10 times.|
|Greatly increased ammo capacity.
This simple bandana, which once covered the brow of an ancient hero, still remembers the old ways. Its powers have weakened over the years, but should still suffice to provide you with near-infinite ammunition.
Ancient Hero's Bandana is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Quadruples maximum ammo.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- I need scissors! 61! - If the player also has Trank Gun, Trank Gun changes appearance, its rate of fire is decreased, damage and reload time are increased, and its bullets will inflict slow and stun.
- What A Thrill - If the player also has Patriot, it has a chance to transmogrify enemies into snakes.
- Has no effect on the Prize Pistol.
- Will still quadruple maximum ammo during any character's Past as long as they do not switch weapons.
- Guns obtained before bandana will only increase the maximum capacity, not the currently stored ammo.
- If the player finds multiple bandanas, they will stack multiplicatively - two bandanas will grant 16x ammo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Recessive Hero - If the player has Number 2, it causes an unknown effect. Removed because it contains a starting item.
- This item is a reference to the Metal Gear Solid series. First appearing in the original Metal Gear Solid, the "Infinity Bandana" was a unlockable item which granted infinite ammo when worn by Snake - whom the title "Ancient Hero" is likely in reference to.
- Ancient Hero's Bandana has the same sprite shape as Bloodied Scarf and Number 2.
- "I need scissors! 61!" is a reference to Metal Gear Solid 2, near the end of the game the player receives a series of nonsense messages with this quote.