|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Watch Your Back|
Another incredible use of tape in the Gungeon, this backward-facing gun has been charmed to fire in solidarity with any equipped gun.
Backup Gun is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Guns simultaneously shoot forwards and backwards. The backwards firing shots will be significantly less accurate.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gruber's Bane - If player also has Shadow Bullets all backward shots have an additional projectile.
- Like Shooting Fish - If the player has Barrel, a fish pops out of the Barrel and fires bullets. The last shot of each magazine fires fish who flop around on the ground and fire at enemies.
- With Backup Gun, Dark Marker's charged shot's accuracy is decreased, which can cause it to fail as the two projectiles have a chance to miss each other.
- Negates the recoil of the Mutation and the Grasschopper.
- Synergizes extremely well with weapons that can bounce shots on walls or release homing projectiles such as The Scrambler, the Bee Hive or the Moonscraper.
- Works well with Orbital Bullets, as shots fired backwards which would normally miss will instead orbit the player.
- For some reason, Backup Gun seems to cause the forward shot of the Prize Pistol to be inaccurate. It's recommended to drop the item in the room before speaking to Winchester to start the game, as once you have paid him, you cannot drop items until the game is finished.
- The backward shot originates from the front of the gun, in the same pixel as the forward shot.
- Does not affect the Alien Engine.
- Does not affect Composite Gun's charged shots.
- Does not affect the Zorgun's final shot.
- The backwards shots can trigger the multi-shot effect of the Y.V. shrine.
See also[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the movie Die Hard, where the protagonist John McClane tapes his Beretta 92F pistol to his back.