Balloon Gun is a gun that fires small tornados which slowly home in on enemies. It also grants flight while held. However, it loses all its ammunition if the player is hit while holding the weapon.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Get Equipped With -A- - If the player has Megahand, enables Air Shooter mode on Megahand, which fires Balloon Gun tornadoes while uncharged. Modes can be switched by reloading the Megahand with a full magazine.
- Paper Lanterns - If the player also has Origuni, while holding either gun in a room with enemies, paper lanterns periodically spawn, which drift towards enemies and deal damage.
- Three Sheets - If the player also has Corsair, movement speed is increased, the damage of both guns is doubled, and their bullets travel 20% faster.
- While popped the Balloon Gun has no sprite, effectively making it invisible.
- If the player drops (not throws) the Balloon Gun on the ground while it is popped, its lack of sprite makes retrieving it difficult, but not impossible.
- However, if the player throws the Balloon Gun while it is popped, the gun will disappear, making retrieving it impossible.
- Despite appearing invisible, the Balloon Gun can be sold to the Sell Creep while it is popped.
- If the player has Helix Bullets, the tornadoes fired by Balloon Gun will never slow down.
- If the player has Angry Bullets, tornadoes that hit an enemy will spawn a copy every time they hit and the process is repeated indefinitely, as long as the tornadoes do not lose the lock on the enemy, leading to very high ammo efficiency.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the player dies while the Balloon Gun is popped, since the popped sprite is invisible, it will appear not be shown in their list of owned items.
- Dropping a popped Balloon Gun shows a weapon icon on the map, but throwing a popped Balloon Gun doesn't, indicating that throwing a popped Balloon Gun really makes it disappear.