Balloon Gun is a gun made from colorful balloons that fires small tornadoes which fly a short distance before losing momentum and slowly homing in on enemies. It grants flight while held, as long as it has ammo in reserve. However, if the player is hit while using the weapon, the fragile balloon effectively "pops" and it'll lose all its ammunition (similar to Glass Cannon).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Get Equipped With -A- - If the player has Megahand, enables Air Shooter mode on Megahand, which fires Balloon Gun tornadoes while uncharged. Modes can be switched by reloading the Megahand with a full magazine.
- Paper Lanterns - If the player also has Origuni, while holding either gun in a room with enemies, paper lanterns periodically spawn, which drift towards enemies and deal damage.
- Three Sheets - If the player also has Corsair, movement speed is increased, the damage of both guns is doubled, and their bullets travel 20% faster.
- While popped (empty due to taking damage while held) the Balloon Gun has no sprite, effectively making it invisible.
- If the Balloon Gun is emptied by using up its ammo reserve instead of taking damage, the gun remains un-popped and can be dropped and retrieved like any other.
- If the player drops (not throws) the Balloon Gun on the ground while it is popped, its lack of sprite makes retrieving it difficult, but not impossible.
- However, if the player throws the Balloon Gun while it is popped, the gun will disappear, making retrieving it impossible.
- Despite appearing invisible, the Balloon Gun can be sold to the Sell Creep while it is popped.
- Munchers will not accept a popped Balloon Gun, only one (partially) filled with ammo. Refilling the gun with ammo allows the player to feed the Balloon Gun to a Muncher.
- If the player has Helix Bullets, the tornadoes fired by Balloon Gun will never lose momentum.
- If the player has Angry Bullets, tornadoes that hit an enemy will spawn a copy every time they hit and the process is repeated indefinitely, as long as the tornadoes do not lose the lock on the enemy, leading to very high ammo efficiency.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Since the popped sprite is invisible, if the player dies while the Balloon Gun is popped, it will appear to not be shown in their list of owned items on the end screen.
- Dropping a popped (empty) Balloon Gun shows a weapon icon on the map, but throwing a popped Balloon Gun doesn't, indicating that throwing a popped Balloon Gun really makes it disappear.
- The quote "Hot Air" likely refers to the idiom "(being full of) hot air", which refers to boastful, empty talk that is intended to impress but without actual substance. This is fitting since despite appearing in the shape of a rifle, it's a piece of balloon art and would be harmless outside of the Gungeon. Even then, it's still quite fragile and literally full of air.