|Sell Creep Price:
||Purchase from Trorc for 20 .
|Set The World On Fire
|Nuclear arms were forbidden by the Third Interstellar Armistice, but as large sections of the Gungeon existed before that accord was signed, it is a bit of a grey area legally.
Big Boy is an active item.
- Calls down a missile at the crosshair, causing a large explosion that deals 150 damage and leaves behind a large pool of poison creep.
- Enemies within a large radius of the missile turn into Mutant Bullet Kin.
- The explosion will clear enemy bullets in a large area.
- Increases curse by 1 while held.
- Meltdown - If the player also has Gamma Ray, Gamma Ray branches twice to form a spread of 5 beams, and using Big Boy refills 100 ammo on the Gamma Ray. Ammo restoration only works if Gamma Ray is held when activating Big Boy.
- Natural Selection - If the player also has Evolver, it evolves after every 3 unique enemy types killed instead of 5.
- Normally invulnerable enemies like Gunreapers can be transformed into Mutant Bullet Kin.
- The damage done upon use will contribute to its recharge, even without Ice Cube.
- This item’s secondary effect that transforms all Bullet Kin into Mutated Bullet Kin may be a reference to the mutating and gene altering effects found in animal species found near nuclear disasters such as Chernobyl.
- It could also be a reference to the Ghoul enemies from Fallout, which are humans that have been mutated and turned feral by nuclear radiation.
- This item's quote is a reference to I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire by The Ink Spots, a song famously used in Fallout.
- The name Big Boy is a reversal of "Little Boy", the code-name for the nuclear bomb which was dropped on the city of Hiroshima in 1945.
- The icon of this item likely refers to the Moscow-Washington hotline, commonly referred to as the "Red Telephone" (despite it not being an actual telephone, but rather a text-based system).
- Big Boy was reduced in quality from to in .
- The explosion created by Big Boy looks identical to that which appears when defeating the Lich.