|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|The Best Defense...|
|Projectile impacts can trigger a short range Blank.
Not content to have guns that shoot bullets to kill Bullets that shoot guns which fire bullets, these bullets were devised to kill the bullets fired from Bullet's guns. Bullet.
- Bullets have a chance of triggering a short-range blank when they hit obstacles or enemies.
- Increases curse by 1.5.
- Elder Blank Bullets - If the player also has Elder Blank, the blank effects reflect all projectiles instead of deleting them.
- Blanks triggered by Blank Bullets are affected by Ammolets and causes the short ranged blanks to function strangely. For instance, a blank triggered by Blank Bullets while holding the Gold Ammolet causes the damaging radius of the blank to affect entire rooms. This phenomenon can also be seen in the mini-blanks generated by Hoxton, the Owl, and Ser Junkan's Holy Knight form.
- Every projectile fired by the player has a chance to trigger the effect. As such, shotgun type weapons and guns like the Bullet or Shell will very frequently trigger the blank effect.
- If the player has Gold Junk and Ser Junkan, every shot from the mech's chain gun will trigger a blank.
- The blank effect can open secret rooms, even with an infinite ammo starter weapon or nails launched by Casey with the Careful Iteration synergy.
- When a blank triggers, it reveals secret rooms anywhere in the current room, regardless of whether it is within the blank's radius.
- The chance to fire a blank bullet increases with slow-firing weapons, and decreases with fast-firing weapons.
- Despite this, fast firing weapons are generally still vastly superior at triggering the blank effect. For example, the Vulcan Cannon can reliably trigger the effect every second and sometimes several times per second.
- Beam weapons cannot trigger blanks.
- Projectiles created by passive items such as Roll Bomb can also trigger blanks.
- This cannot activate the Blank Shrine to spawn a chest, likely because the player could use them to create an infinite number of chests otherwise.
- The tagline is a reference to the well-known adage "The best defense is a good offense".