Blank Bullets is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Bullets have a chance of triggering a short-range blank when they hit obstacles or enemies.
- Increases curse by 1.5.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Elder Blank Bullets - If the player also has Elder Blank, the blank effects reflect all projectiles instead of deleting them.
- Blanks triggered by Blank Bullets are affected by Ammolets.
- Guns like the Bullet or Shell will trigger the blank effect extremely often due to each secondary bullet having a chance to trigger the effect.
- If the player has Gold Junk and Ser Junkan, every shot from the mechs chain gun will trigger a blank.
- The blank effect can open secret rooms, even with an infinite ammo starter weapon or nails launched by Casey with the Careful Iteration synergy.
- When a blank triggers, it reveals secret room anywhere in the current room, regardless of whether it is within the blank's radius.
- The chance to fire a blank bullet increases with slow-firing weapons, and decreases with fast-firing weapons.
- Despite this, fast firing weapons are generally still vastly superior at triggering the blank effect. For example the Vulcan Cannon can reliably trigger the effect every second and sometimes several times per second.
- Beam weapons cannot trigger blanks.
- Projectiles created by passive items such as Roll Bomb can also trigger blanks.
- This cannot activate the Blank Shrine to spawn a chest, likely because the player could use them to create an infinite number of chests otherwise.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tagline is a reference to the well-known adage "The best defense is a good offense".