Blasphemy is The Bullet's starting weapon. It can be swung to damage enemies and destroy bullets. When at full health, swinging the sword will send out a piercing rainbow sword projectile. Reloading the weapon will destroy incoming bullets in a small range and can push enemies around.
Blasphemy has a dull brown variant only available in The Bullet's past. It behaves similarly, but cannot destroy bullets and will not send out projectiles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blasphemy is the only infinite ammo starting weapon that can be acquired by other characters.
- The reload for Blasphemy only destroys bullets at the very start of the animation, even if the weapon is still up.
- Double tapping reload with full HP will trigger a longer reload with a reload bar, which will push away nearby enemies and destroy nearby bullets for a longer duration.
- Running into bullets while "reloading" will not destroy bullets.
- Cog of Battle works with Blasphemy. If the player gets the active reload from Cog of Battle once, they will have a permanent damage buff on Blasphemy.
- Blasphemy cannot be dropped.
- Blasphemy's piercing projectile effect is not triggered when playing as The Robot, as he lacks heart containers.
- The melee attack of Blasphemy is able to hit Cannonbalrog and High Priest even when they disappear.
- If the player is at 1/2 heart from High Stress in Challenge Mode but still has full health, Blasphemy will still shoot sword beams.
- Blasphemy has a hidden magazine size of six while the player is at full health. After six swings, Blasphemy will not continue to attack automatically while the fire button is held down, until it is reloaded.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ability of the sword being able to send a projectile of a sword is a reference to the classic Legend of Zelda.
- Unlike other melee guns such as the Huntsman and the Fightsabre, this one doesn't grant curse, likely due to being a starting weapon.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, the sword's swing could reveal secret rooms.
- The name and description stems from the Gungeon rejecting melee weapons.