Blockner is a secret boss found in the Black Powder Mine. In order to get to Blockner, the player must find the secret room in the Hall of Knowledge and pick up Old Knight's Helm and Old Knight's Shield. After defeating Ser Manuel, if spoken to, he will inform the player of Blockner. Blockner will then appear in the Black Powder Mine.
Once defeated, Blockner can appear in the Gungeon as a mini-boss, similar to the Shadow Magician. Upon death, he will drop several pickups.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Blockner spawns with two Gun Nuts aiding him. He has a few attacks:
- Slowly walks towards the player, rapidly firing bullets.
- Fires a wide spread of bullets like a Gun Nut, along with four smaller arrows of bullets.
- Fires bullets in all directions in a shield shape while firing a few bullets towards the player.
Later Encounters[edit | edit source]
After defeating him for the first time, Blockner can appear as a mini boss in later runs. As a mini boss, his fight mostly stays the same with a few differences.
- Blockner no longer spawns alongside two Gun Nuts, leaving him alone against the player.
- Alongside all his attacks, he gains a new attack in which he summons five shield shaped bullets. Four of them quickly move to each corner of the room while one stays around Blockner, they don’t move and later on disappear.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
In the Breach:
- "I guess I should thank you for taking pity on Manny. But I won't."
- "What's a bit of revenge killing between friends?"
- "Death doesn't seem to mean a whole lot here, though."
- "Trapped here for all of eternity."
- "I guess this isn't so different from before, when I was alive but trapped here for all of eternity."
- "The other dungeons me and Manny used to loot never had any guns. It was always sharp metal."
- "Maybe now I can finally learn to roll."
- "I decided to go back in for some action. Sorry if I gave you trouble." (after defeating Blockner's ghost)