|Sell Creep Price:
||Defeat the Old King.
|Dodge roll is replaced with a blink.
This simple scarf was once worn by a skilled assassin. Betrayed by his brothers and assumed dead...
Bloodied Scarf is a passive item.
- Replaces the dodge roll with a teleport.
- Pressing the dodge button teleports the player a short distance in the direction they are moving.
- Holding down the dodge button allows the player to teleport to the location of the mouse cursor.
- Blinking onto bullets will cause them to dissipate, and they won't cause damage.
- Decreases reload times by 30%.
- Raizo's Stuff - If the player also has Grappling Hook, bullets shot while being pulled with the grappling hook gain homing.
- Venom Veins - If the player also has Mutation, Mutation poisons enemies.
- Can be used to blink through locked doors which otherwise require the player to use a key or stand on a pressure plate to open.
- Does not work if the door is facing downward.
- Can be used to find secret rooms. The teleport icon will appear grey when over the part of the wall that becomes the path. Technically, you can enter the room, but you won't be able to see anything without using a blank outside of the secret room. Blanking inside the secret room will not reveal it.
- The player can teleport through the two walls that access the entrance to the Resourceful Rat's lair,not being able to see anything but still able to use the Gnawed Key to open the entrance.
- Can be used to teleport to behind Wallmonger, out of reach of the boss's attacks. However, the camera will remained locked on to the Wallmonger.
- Bloodied Scarf cannot be sold to the Sell Creep.
- Repeatedly teleporting in place can effectively grant immunity to bullets.
- When using the Bloodied Scarf in the room with the Gun That Can Kill The Past, the player will dodge roll normally instead of teleporting.
- The Resourceful Sack will not collect bullets while having the Bloodied Scarf equipped, as the dissipated bullets from the teleportation will not add them into the sack.
- The Rolling Eye becomes useless as the player can no longer roll through bullets.
- This item's description, appearance, and effect are references to the PS2 game Shinobi, in which the main character Hotsuma wears an unusually long red scarf.
- The item's description, appearance, and effect may also reference the character Hidden Phantom from the Megaman Zero series.
- This item's synergy may reference the movie Ninja Assassin in which the character Raizo is on the run from his former ninja clan.
- The ‘skilled assassin’ in the description most likely refers to the Ninja, as the sprite name for the Bloodied Scarf is ‘Ninja Headband’.
- The Bloodied Scarf shares its sprite shape with Number 2 and Ancient Hero's Bandana.
- The Bloodied Scarf might be the scarf mentioned in the Snowballets' description; "Arguments frequently break out over the sole scarf in the Gungeon". Similarly, "Arguments" might refer to how polarized opinion the about the Bloodied Scarf is among the player base.
- It's possible to get stuck behind the entrance of a non-entered room while trying to get inside it with the item's teleport during co-op, if one of the players are dead. This will cause you to be stuck behind the locked door, and you won't be able to die or deal any damage to enemies inside it. The only way to escape is with the dead player killing the enemies with their mini-blanks.
- By teleporting onto the edge of the Shop's counter, it is possible to walk behind the counter to where the shopkeeper is standing. This has no effect, and the player can walk out normally.
- Teleporting out of an elevator as the doors close to go to the next level causes the game to bug, taking you to a random room and preventing you from controlling your character.
- Teleporting out of boss rooms is possible if done correctly.
- Teleporting through The Gorgun's petrification wave will still result in being petrified.
- Teleporting through the cascade of shells after the Dragun fight will not lead the player to the area with the Gun That Can Kill The Past. The player will be stuck in the small area behind the cascade until they pass the cascade again, from above or below.