|Location:||Black Powder Mine|
|Due to a long losing streak, the Ammoconda began to fear it was not up to the challenge of defending the Gungeon.
After a complete mechanical overhaul, it has become the fearsome Bolt Python. Fully automatic and fully charged, it can emit lightning from its sections and shoot lasers from its fangs.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
The Bolt Python typically moves in a snakelike manner through the air, wandering all over the elevator shaft unless stated otherwise.
- Randomly selects a segment of its body, and releases a ring of bullets. It does this a handful of times in quick succession.
- Makes each segment of its body release a couple bullets directly to either side of themselves. These bullets travel outwards away from the Bolt Python in a pulse movement style; moving a significant distance, slowing down, and withdrawing a small bit before repeating.
- Shoots snaking lines of lightning shaped bullets in the direction of the player.
Flying Turrets[edit | edit source]
During the fight, flying turrets will periodically spawn around the elevator. These turrets will occasionally fire individual spiky bullets in the direction of the player.
The Bolt Python will occasionally eat these turrets, healing itself a small amount, growing an extra segment to its body, gaining a temporary speed boost, and changing its movement style. For the duration of its speed boost, the Bolt Python will begin moving in straight lines around the elevator shaft, changing direction only when it bounces off the walls.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the length of the Bolt Python's body contact damage is a significant threat, especially in areas where the player has little room to stand.
- Due to the Bolt Python having multiple segments that are capable of taking damage, weapons with piercing capacity are highly effect against it.
- Unlike the Ammoconda, the Bolt Python's segments are not individually crippled after taking enough damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like its Ammoconda predecessor, the Bolt Python's ability to eat its own turrets to increase its length is a reference to the game Snake.
- The line in the Bolt Python's diginomicon description about the Ammoconda suffering a 'long losing streak' is seemingly in reference to the fact that the Ammoconda is one of the most disliked Enter the Gungeon bosses among the community.
- The quote 'Electric Steel' from the Bolt Python's diginomicon description may be a reference to Pokémon types from Pokémon, as well as the similarly-serpentine electric eel.
- The Bolt Python's diginomicon entry resembles a cobra, rather than a python.
- 'Bolt Python' is a reference to the Python gun series from Colt.