Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Box is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- If the player enters a room while under the box, enemies will not target the player. Most actions other than moving will remove the box, including firing a weapon, charging a weapon, dodge rolling, flipping a table, and using teleporters.
- Firing a shot while under the box deals double damage and removes the box.
- Has no effect on entering boss rooms.
- Can be used to steal items from shops.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Apiary - If the player has Bee Hive, it turns into an apiary and automatically regenerates ammo over time.
- Flat Stanley - If the player has Mailbox, the Mailbox's clip size is reduced by 50% and its reload time is reduced by 33%, allowing packages to be fired more often.
- Pretty Good - If the player has SAA, coolness is increased by 2.
- What A Thrill - If the player has Patriot, it has a chance to transmogrify enemies into snakes.
- Has no effect if used while enemies are already targeting the player.
- While it has no effect on regular bosses as already stated, you can use this to be hidden for the first phase of the Resourceful Rat’s boss fight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the famous box-disguise from Metal Gear.
- The synergy "Pretty Good" is a reference to the popular quote from Metal Gear Solid, "You're pretty good".
- The synergy "Flat Stanley" is a reference to Flat Stanley, an American children's book series written by Jeff Brown.
- The synergy "What a Thrill!" is a reference to the theme song of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- The synergy "Apiary" might be a reference to the character The Pain from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, a special operative with the ability to control bees and use them in combat.