Bracket Key is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Deals 150 damage to all enemies in the room.
- Prevents additional enemy waves from spawning when used.
- Increases curse by 1 while held.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hacker - If the player also has Lower Case r, its damage is increased by 25%.
- Square Brace - If the player also has Polaris, it gains 20% increased damage, higher ammo capacity and magazine size, faster fire rate, and a new appearance.
- The Bracket Key can hit bosses such as Cannonbalrog and High Priest during attacks where they are normally invincible.
- The explosion cannot travel to other rooms (e.g. using the item in a room adjacent to a chest room containing a Mimic will not damage it).
- Unlike Big Boy, the damage done by Bracket Key will not contribute to its own recharge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bracket Key's description and functionality seem to suggest/pay homage to the fact that the right bracket key on the keyboard was used during development of Enter the Gungeon to automatically clear rooms for debugging purposes.
- The synergy Square Brace is a reference to the character Curly Brace from the game Cave Story, where the gun Polaris is also from.