Brother Albern is an NPC that rarely appears in secret rooms, and always appears in a secret room in the Abbey of the True Gun. He asks the player a question, and regardless of their answer, he rewards the player by allowing them to open his chest, which contains 1-2 pickups or guns/items of random quality. If the player destroys his chest, it has a chance to drop Lies.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I am Brother Albern, Knower of Several Truths."
- "If thou seek'st to open mine Truth Chest, then ponder mine question thusly..."
Questions and responses:
- "What is thine favourite colour?"
- "What is Gunpowder made of?"
- Sulfur, Charcoal, and Potassium-Nitrate.
- Magic Beans.
- "LASER is an acronym."
- "What did thou eat for breakfast?"
- Punks like you.
- "Dost thou feel lucky?"
- "What number am I thinking of?"
- "What number are you thinking of?"
- "How many fingers am I holding up?"
- All of them.
- "From whence do bullets come from?"
- A night of hot swaging.
- The great forge in the sky.
- "Hast thou ever spoken an untruth?"
- Only once.
Answering his question:
- "Verily, it must be so! Receive thy reward, O truthful hero!"
Destroying the chest or shooting it with the AKEY-47:
- "Betrayal! It can't be true!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Destroying his chest has a chance to drop Ser Junkan instead of Lies. (currently only with Switch edition proved)
- It is possible for him to appear twice in the Abbey of the True Gun, once through the guaranteed secret room and once through a random secret room.
- "Albern" is German and means "silly".
- "What is thine favourite colour?" is likely a reference to "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."
- "Dost thou feel lucky?" is likely in reference to the common misquotation "Do you feel lucky, punk?" from the film Dirty Harry.
- Swaging is a forging process in which the dimensions of an object are altered via forcing it into a group of mechanisms called 'dies', which open and close extremely quickly, warping the object into a different (typically smaller) form.