Casey is a melee weapon that increases curse by 2. Swinging the bat after a long charge-up will damage nearby enemies and reflect nearby bullets. The bodies of enemies killed by the bat will be launched and can damage other enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Careful Iteration - If the player has Armor of Thorns, Shotgun Full of Hate, Nail Gun, or Eyepatch, Casey becomes spiked and fires a spread of 6 nails each time it is swung. When an enemy is hit with Casey they will become dark red and take damage over time.
- These nails are affected by Shock Rounds.
- This also changes the sound effect of "readying" Casey. This change also seems to be affected by Scattershot causing the new sound effect to multiply.
- Casey will not reveal secret room walls, like any other infinite ammo guns.
- If combined with Ghost Bullets, it will no longer be able to launch enemies on the first hit. However, it can launch enemies if multiple are hit.
- If combined with Flak Bullets, Casey will shoot three high damage pellets, making Casey more functional as a long range weapon. This is made even more deadly by the fact that enemies killed by these pellets will injure other enemies if the killed enemy is knocked into them. However, these pellets will not reveal secret rooms.
- Reflecting any enemy bullet with Casey and Flak Bullets will cause it to split into multiple, smaller bullets.
- If combined with Cursed Bullets, the hidden projectile Casey shoots becomes visible.
- Cannot be fed to Munchers.
- Casey can deflect the High Dragun's rocket attack, but the deflected rocket will not deal damage.
- Most explosive enemies killed with Casey will have their explosion delayed to prevent unnecessary damage taken.
- The Laser Sight will not appear when holding Casey.
- The swing from the bat can reflect the bullet portals summoned by Killithid.
- If the Bullet King or Old King’s Chancellor is hit with Casey from about a Casey’s length away, the Chancellor’s body will deal a large amount of damage to the boss it hits, killing both Bullet King and Old King in one hit.
- If a High Gunjurer is killed by Casey at the exact moment it launches its attack, the attack will be duplicated and a second layer of bullets is launched right behind the first.
- This gun is among those Gunsling King and Manservantes can challenge the player to clear a room with.
- If Casey is swung during a Revolvenant's single arm attack, their whole arm will be reflected back, dealing massive damage.
- If Casey is swung inside Bello's Shop, he will get angry and warn you not to do that again, even if you don't have the Careful Iteration synergy and are not firing bullets whatsoever.
- Casey can deflect bullets from companions back at them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the poem Casey at the Bat, written in 1888 by Ernest Thayer.
- The quote "Nothing can happen until you swing the bat." is from FLCL.
- This might also be a reference to Casey Jones, a character in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles known for fighting with various sporting goods, such as hockey sticks and of course, baseball bats.
- The tagline “Batting .50” is a reference to .50 caliber bullets.
- The top half of the bat is a shell.
- The fact that the weapon increases curse while being carried stems from the Gungeon rejecting melee weapons.
- Casey is considered by some to be a very powerful weapon despite being D Quality. This was acknowledged by Dodge Roll Games in a tweet.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Casey's appearance with the Careful Iteration synergy.