|Damage:||2 (Dart) +|
|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Reward from hunting quests.|
|Kneadle Your Foes!|
|Fires explosive homing darts.|
Cat Claw is a gun that fires homing darts. The darts initially deal low damage, but explode a short time after sticking to their target, damaging the target and everything in a medium radius around it.
- Cat Friends - If the player has Bait Launcher, the Bait Launcher's tigers attach several Cat Claw needles onto enemies when they maul them.
- Clawntlet - If the player has Gunknight Gauntlet, the player releases a spiral of bullets whenever they take damage.
- Spartan Loadout - If the player has Alien Sidearm, Cat Claw pierces enemies, attaching its explosive to every enemy hit. Alien Sidearm can be charged twice to fire a more powerful shot
- All darts attached to an enemy will explode simultaneously once new darts stop being attached to the enemy.
- As a result, this weapon can "overkill" its targets. For example, it may take 6 darts to kill an enemy, but up to 33 darts can be attached, causing 27 shots to be excess damage and therefore wasted ammo.
- For small targets, consider sticking them with a few shots then briefly stop shooting to allow the darts to detonate.
- The DPS cap for bosses will limit the amount of damage the explosives do.
- Firing single shots at a rate of 2-3 per second will cause each dart fired to have a separate countdown. This tactic prevents much overkill and also interferes with the target's shooting due to the constant explosions, but it greatly reduces DPS.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, the darts did not deal any contact damage and the explosions only dealt 5 damage.
- This gun's projectiles, as well as the word "Kneadle" in the Pickup Quote, are references to the Needler weapon from the Halo franchise, supported/further referenced by the Spartan Loadout synergy.
- The word "Kneadle", the name Cat Claw, and the flexing prongs on the muzzle are a reference to the way cats sometimes "knead" surfaces with their claws.
- This gun's name is likely a reference to the dirk named "Cat Claw" that was wielded by the Gray Mouser, a Fritz Leiber character. The quest to unlock this gun is given by Frifle and the Grey Mauser, with the latter NPC being a parody of the Gray Mouser.
- This gun resembles the Dragon Claw from Heretic.