|Sell Creep Price:||16|
|Hazardous To Health|
|Can result in serious health problems and even death. They do have a certain appeal though.|
Cigarettes is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Damages the player for half a heart. If the player has armor, the damage will remove the armor.
- Increases Coolness by 1 per use, decreasing the cooldown of active items and increasing the chance of items dropping upon clearing a room. The coolness bonus will remain for the entire run, even if the Cigarettes are removed from the player's inventory.
- Discarded cigarettes will light oil puddles and Phaser Spider webs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Iroquois - If the player has MAC10, the MAC10's reload time is decreased by 33%, magazine size is increased by 50%, and knockback is increased by 50%.
- What A Thrill - If the player has Patriot, Patriot has a chance to transmogrify enemies into snakes.
- I need scissors! 61! - If the player also has Trank Gun. Trank Gun changes appearance, its rate of fire is decreased, damage and reload time are increased, and its bullets will inflict slow and stun.
- If the player has Armor, Cigarettes can be used to offensively detonate the blank effect. Consider offensive combinations like Gunknight Armor pieces or Nanomachines.
- Dying to Cigarettes will produce "Smoking" as a cause of death.
- If the player has Crisis Stone, they can get infinite coolness by using Cigarettes during Crisis Stone's invulnerability periods.
- If the player has GuNNER and Holey Grail, they can get infinite coolness by using Cigarettes while holding GuNNER and picking up the skull after each use. Incidentally, this also grants the player infinite ammo for all guns.
- If the player has Gun Soul, they can get infinite coolness by using Cigarettes until dying, activating Gun Soul and using its revive effect. It should be noted that the player is left at one heart after the fact, making this strategy risky.
- If the player has Full Metal Jacket and at least one blank, using Cigarettes will activate a blank and prevent damage from being dealt.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Coffee & Cigarettes - If the player has Shotgun Coffee, it causes an unknown effect.
- The heading of the description in the Ammonomicon references the Metal Gear series with cigarettes having the same description.
- The Convict can sometimes be seen using them in The Breach.