Clone is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon death, the player is revived in the starting room of the first floor, retaining all items, guns, and pickups except Clone itself.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the shopkeeper has been angered (ex. shooting in shop, stealing), he will not return even after revival.
- Allows the collection of duplicate Master Rounds on a single run, all of which count towards unlocking the Super Hot Watch.
- If Gun Soul was also acquired, it will activate first upon death. If the player is killed a second time before retrieving their soul, they will respawn with Clone as normal, except with only a single heart container. However, picking up heart container items in this state will not increase health beyond this single container.
- If Pig was also acquired, it will activate first upon death.
- If the run was started through a shortcut, the player will be revived on the floor that they started on.
- Curse does not reset when respawning with Clone.
- As Robot cannot gain heart containers, he always respawns with 6 armor.
- If the player dies to fire, they will still be on fire when they respawn.
- Clone does not carry over into the past; the player will not be revived if they die in the past.
- If the player dies immediately after killing the first form of the Lich, the hand will still grab the player and take them underground. However, this does not take the player to the second form of the Lich, instead, it softlocks the game.
- If in co-op and the player with Clone dies first, Clone will be lost and cannot be picked up by the other player.