Clown Mask is a passive item.
It can be acquired in 2 ways:
- Stealing it from the shop
- Causing the shopkeeper to close his shop by either:
- Firing a gun in the shop a few times
- Failing to steal an item
- Luring the Lord of the Jammed into the shop
After it has been unlocked, it will appear as a regular item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Summons one of the following clown-masked familiars.
- Wolf (the clown with the red mouth) will attack enemies close up with a taser, continuously stunning them.
- Hoxton (the clown with the pink eyelids) will guard the Gungeoneers by occasionally activating mini Blanks that negate enemy bullets.
- Chains (the clown with black slits over his eyes) wields a shotgun which he will use to attack opponents.
- If the player carries the Loot Bag or Drill, an additional familiar will be summoned for each.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The order that the familiars are acquired is random.
- Picking up Clown Mask increases the chance of finding the other Payday 2 items, Loot Bag and Drill.
- Picking up Clown Mask will replace the Gungeoneer's regular appearance with Dallas, a clown with an American flag mask.
- Hoxton's blanks are affected by Ammolets, so it's a good strategy to buy them from Old Red or Shops
- The projectiles from Chains's shotgun will be destroyed by the player's blanks.
- If the player is carrying the Loot Bag or Drill with the Clown Mask and drops either of these items, a familliar will be lost until the item is picked up again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to PAYDAY 2, and was added in a cross-promotional event.
- This particular clown mask belongs to Dallas, the mastermind of the PAYDAY gang. Together with the three familiars (Wolf, Chains and Hoxton), these four characters are the protagonists of PAYDAY 2's predecessor, PAYDAY: The Heist.
- If the player beats the game with Clown Mask, when falling through the vortex during the credits roll, the player will be a skeleton. The reason for that is currently unknown.