Daruma is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Daruma can only be used after dodging a bullet, and activates a blank effect.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like other active items, Daruma needs to recharge by damaging enemies; it cannot be used immediately after every dodged bullet.
- If the player has Whiter Guon Stone, Daruma's recharge is halved.
- The blank effect can open secret rooms.
- If the player is also in possession of the Resourceful Sack, Daruma will be unusable due to the sack absorbing all bullets before Daruma can be used.
- Bloodied Scarf also prevents use of Daruma, as it removes nearby bullets on teleportation.
- Dodge rolling over the balloon used for transporting Ox’s replacement arm will allow the item to be used.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to a Daruma doll, a round, hollow Japanese doll modeled after Bodhidharma, the founder of the Zen tradition of Buddhism.