|Sell Creep Price:||16|
Most inhabitants of the Gungeon are not the most intelligent of creatures, and will fire upon anything that they do not recognize. This crude fascimile of a Gungeoneer will hold their attention for a time.
Many Gundead seem content to lock trespassers up in cells, despite their trigger-happy natures. Somewhere deep in the Gungeon, there is probably a prison full of Decoys.
Decoy is an active item.
- Places a decoy that enemies will target. The decoy will be destroyed after taking enough damage.
- Can be used to steal from shops.
- Deadly Distraction - If the player also has Monster Blood, the Decoy creates a large poison pool when attacked.
- Decoy Octorok - If the player also has Abyssal Tentacle, the decoy will become a charmed enemy.
- Frosty Distraction - If the player also has Heart of Ice, the Decoy becomes partially made of ice and causes enemies that shoot it to be frozen.
- Hardwood - If the player also has Mahoguny, it will fire three explosive shots at a time.
- Kage Bunshin - If the player also has Shadow Bullets, using Decoy spawns a shadow clone of the player that mirrors their movements and fires towards the crosshair whenever the player fires. Also does not provide the ability to steal from shops.
- Kinjutsu - If the player also has Shadow Clone, Shadow Clone creates 3 clones instead of 1.
- Items cannot be purchased from a shop with a decoy in it; stealing is the only option. Place a decoy close to the shop's entrance and shoot it from outside the shop to enable buying items normally again.
- Mimics will not be fooled by the Decoy.
- The item itself is a reference to the Body Replacement Technique from Naruto, in which the user replaces themselves with a log to avoid an opponents attack.
- The Kage Bunshin synergy refers to the Kage Bunshin technique from Naruto.
- The Decoy Octorok synergy is a reference to the Metal Gear Solid character, Decoy Octopus and the purple, tentacled Legend of Zelda enemies of the same name.
- It is also a reference to Dave Crooks, one of Enter the Gungeon's developers, whose handle is DecoyOctorok.
Decoy's appearance with the Deadly Distraction synergy.
Decoy's appearance with the Frosty Distraction synergy.