Devolver is a gun. Its bullets have a chance to devolve enemies into simpler enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Contractual Obligation - If the player has Gungine, a pool of oil spawns underneath enemies killed using it.
- Overdose - If the player also has Heavy Bullets, Heavy Bullets no longer decreases shot speed.
- Serious Sam Publishing Contract - If the player has Serious Cannon, alongside the cannonball, Serious Cannon fires a screaming Beheaded Kamikaze who chases enemies and explodes on contact.
- The devolve effect also works on the bells spawned by the Mine Flayer. This changes the bells into Shotgun Kin as well sending out the ring of bullets they usually emit upon death, so using the gun in this fight is not recommended.
- The devolve effect does not work on bosses.
- Devolving an enemy causes it to drop coins.
- Devolved enemies will spawn with full health, in some cases granting them more health than before transformation.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to the publisher of Enter the Gungeon, Devolver Digital.
- Its ammo counter is represented by Ds similar to the Devolver Digital logo.
- The quote "Degenerates" preceding the description is a play on words, describing both the effect of the gun (degenerating the strength of enemies) as well as poking fun at Devolver Digital by implying they're degenerates (people of limited morality).