Directional Pad is a gun that fires bullets in four directions. Upon running out of ammo, the gun is destroyed and spawns a chest of any quality.
Entering certain button combinations can cause certain special effects:
- Briefly Holding down, then right, then fire will cause the gun to fire fireballs that deal 45 damage.
- Quickly pressing left, then left again, then fire will cause the gun to fire a grappling hook.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The grappling hook can be used to steal items from shops.
- The chest spawned may be a Mimic.
- The chest that the Directional Pad spawns cannot be harmed by enemies or bosses.
- The controls are more strict for the Fireball than for the Grappling Hook, with the Fireball you must hold the first input for the command for a fraction of a second instead of tapping it, whereas with the Grappling Hook you can tap all of the inputs and it will work every time.
- The chest can still be spawned in a blessed run.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The inputs required to make the special shots are based on famous special attacks from fighting game series:
- The Fireball is the "Hadouken" attack performed by character Ryu in Street Fighter.
- The Grappling Hook is the rope spear attack performed by character Scorpion in Mortal Kombat; this attack is referenced in the entry description.
- Upon reloading, your character inputs the directional pad part of the Konami Code.