Dodge Roll (Move)
From Enter the Gungeon Wiki
The dodge roll is a move in Enter the Gungeon that allows the player to dodge though or out of the way of incoming projectiles.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- The dodge roll lasts about 0.7 seconds from the time the player activates it to the time that the player finishes rolling on the ground and regains control.
- When beginning a dodge roll, the direction the player is moving in determines what direction the player will roll in. The player can only roll in the 8 cardinal and diagonal directions.
- During the first half of the dodge roll, the player is immune to all damage, and can safely pass through bullets unharmed.
- During the second half of the dodge roll, the player continues to move, but becomes vulnerable to damage.
- Dodge Rolling over a non-flipped Table allows the player to slide across it along with any connecting tables in the player's direction. Table Sliding does not make the player invulnerable but can be interrupted by hitting the dodge roll key again while on a table, resulting in said table breaking instantly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If on fire, dodge rolling lowers the meter and removes the status if the meter is fully depleted.
- When dodge rolling, while in the air, the player can jump over pits. They are also immune to goop and will not set off traps.
- Dodge rolling into an enemy deals 3 contact damage and slightly knocks them back. The player will take damage if they are still in contact with the enemy during the second half of the roll.
- After dodge rolling, the fire rate of certain weapons is temporarily slightly increased.
- Dodge rolls can be made quicker (and therefore safer) by dodge roll upgrades such as the Cloranthy Ring. An indirect upgrade is given by the Springheel Boots, which can effectively double the immunity time of a dodge roll.
- Rolling Spikes are still harmful when dodge rolling.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Avoid dodge rolling when not necessary, as the lack of control may cause the player to end up in harm's way at the end of a roll.
- The dodge roll can be used to exit minecarts found in the Black Powder Mine, and can also be used to jump from cart to cart.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The creators of Enter the Gungeon, Dodge Roll, named themselves after the dodge roll move.
- The dodge roll is a reference to the Dark Souls series.
- Many bosses' attacks are impossible to avoid without using the dodge roll.
- Only 2 enemies are shown to use the Dodge Roll, these being the Gun Cultist and the Resourceful Rat briefly when he retreats during his first phase.