We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Drill is an active item.
It can be acquired in 2 ways:
- Stealing it from the shop
- Causing the shopkeeper to close his shop by either:
- Firing a gun in the shop a few times
- Failing to steal an item
- Luring the Lord of the Jammed into the shop
After it has been unlocked, it will appear as a regular item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- If used on a locked chest, teleports the player to a large version of the chest room, where they must survive one to five waves of enemies. Surviving the enemies will unlock the chest.
- If used on a locked door, unlocks the door for free.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up Drill increases the chance of finding the other Payday 2 items, Loot Bag and Clown Mask.
- The amount of enemies and waves is determined by the chest quality, usually having less enemies and waves when used on low-quality chests, and up to 5 waves for S quality chests. D tier (brown) chests will have a single wave, with 2-4 enemies. B tier (green) chests can have anywhere from 2-4 waves. They usually have at least 4-5 enemies per wave, but can occasionally spawn 6.
- When the drill is used in the Keep of the Lead Lord, there's a chance for it to spawn Bullet King's chancellor, who will chase the player even if left unharmed.
- It is possible for pickups to spawn after completing a wave, including other chests. If the player wants to keep them, they must grab them before they finish all the waves; otherwise, when the room returns to its normal size, the pickup may vanish, if the walls close over it. If it is in the center of the room it will remain.
- The drill cannot be used on any chests that spawn after clearing a wave in the special drill room.
- Using the Drill on a fused chest will extinguish the fuse. However, the chest will appear without a fuse in the enlarged room.
- The room will only return to its normal size once the player is inside the radius of the original room.
- Drill can also be used to pick the locks on the trapdoor to Oubliette but it cannot be used for the trapdoor that leads to the Resourceful Rat's Lair.
- When the Drill is used during a Challenge Mode run, each new wave receives its own room modifier(s).
- In the Switch release, completing the waves of enemies while using the drill may cause a game crash.
- The drill appears to, on occasion, fail to render a complete arena, leaving some areas black or untextured; however, the collision remains intact.
- The drill can be used on Brother Albern's chest. The lock will fall off of it, but it still can't be opened without speaking to him.
- Chests opened by the drill are rendered indestructible.
- If the player attempts to use Trusty Lockpicks on a chest and it fails, the Drill cannot be used on the chest.
- The drill cannot be used on the lock that requires the Gnawed Key.
- The drill, if used on a door with a sentient lock, will not spawn any enemies, and will instead instantly vanquish the living lock.
- If a chest spawns in the Resourceful Rat's Lair, the drill cannot be used. However, it can be used to unlock the special rat chests after the boss fight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to PAYDAY 2, and was added in a cross-promotional event.
- Sawgeant is also a reference to a PAYDAY 2 skill called Drill Sawgeant.
- The "followed by expletives" in its description is due to the fact that PAYDAY 2 drills are notoriously prone to breaking and must be fixed by heisters on a regular basis during a bank robbery, and the lines that characters speak when fixing drills usually contain expletives.
- Prior to the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Update, enemies spawned by the drill could drop Coins.