Elephant Gun is a gun. It is a double-barrel shotgun that fires a cone spread of bullets and has strong knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Iron Stance - If the player also has Heavy Boots, the gun's damage and knockback are increased by 20%, its shot speed is increased by 50%, and its reload time is decreased by 20%.
- The Elephant In The Room - If the player also has Pig, Turkey, Owl, Chicken Flute, Super Space Turtle, Bait Launcher, or Compressed Air Tank Elephant Gun becomes an elephant head and shoots a pink elephant instead of bullets. The elephant deals 30 damage and has strong knockback, but decreased fire rate. However, after firing, switching to another weapon and switching right back to the Elephant gun lets you fire immediately, much faster than it would be to wait between shots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- So called elephant guns were very large weapons used for hunting big game during safaris, mostly in Africa. They had tremendously large bores of up to 25mm and were fired at close range, ensuring they would knock out the huge animals they were intended to stop. While the gun present in the game fires a spread, elephant guns loaded single lead projectiles, but they could be rifled or smoothbore.
- Piano keys used to be made from elephant tusk ivory, hence "pianos out of teeth".
- "An inelegant weapon for a less civilized age" is a reference to Star Wars, where the reverse of the phrase is used to describe a lightsaber.
- The gun could also be a reference to Looney Toons and Elmer Fudd, the hunter who chases Bugs Bunny and uses a similar two-barreled shotgun. The lines "shoots elephants" and "used to make pianos out of teeth" are referencing gags which occur in several episodes.
- The Elephant In The Room synergy's special bullets' appearance may be a reference to Phan Phan, a recurring enemy in the Kirby series.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Elephant Gun's appearance with the The Elephant in the Room synergy.