|Magazine Size:||24 (First 3 forms)|
8 (4th form)
300 (5th form)
150 (6th form)
|Max Ammo:||300 (First 5 forms)|
150 (6th form)
|Damage:||6 (Amoeba Form)|
8.5 (Sponge Form)
11.5 (Flatworm Form)
11.5 (Snail Form)
23/s (Frog Form)
37.5 (Dragon Form)
|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Professor Goopton for 35 .|
|This gun adapts.
While some have disputed the claim that a gun can change shape or adapt to its new environment within the Gungeon, this weapon appears to be irrefutable proof of the phenomenon. Since its discovery, the number of self-proclaimed gunvolution deniers has increased by 4%.
Evolver is a gun introduced in A Farewell to Arms. The gun evolves with every 5 unique enemy types the player kills. This changes its appearance, modifies its stats, and refills its ammo. The six evolutions, in order, are: amoeba, sponge, flatworm, snail, frog, and dragon.
- The amoeba fires round projectiles that deal 6 damage.
- The sponge fires sponge-shaped projectiles that deal 8.5 damage.
- The flatworm fires round projectiles that deal 11.5 damage.
- The snail fires a spread of three spiked snail shells that deal 11.5 damage each.
- The frog emits a red tongue which latches onto the nearest enemy, similar to the Abyssal Tentacle.
- The dragon fires blue flame projectiles which starts off slow and accelerates, dealing 37.5 damage. In this stage, the Evolver's maximum ammo drops to 150.
The gun will de-evolve down several forms if it's not used for a while.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Natural Selection - If the player also has Irradiated Lead, Monster Blood or Big Boy, the gun evolves after every 3 unique enemy types.
- The Powerhouse of the Cell - If the player also has Antibody, the Evolver evolves one stage.
- Enemies do not need to be killed by Evolver for it to evolve.
- If the player has Backup Gun, during the frog form, both frog tongues will home in on the same enemy, effectively doubling damage.
- In its final form, the shots will home in on enemies. However, the effect is very slight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The flavor text "Tamagunchi" is a reference to the digital pets Tamagotchi.
- The gun's description is a reference to real life evolution denial. In this phenomenon, some groups of people deny the existence of evolution for its supposed lack of concrete evidence.
- The synergy The Powerhouse of the Cell is a reference to the metaphor that the mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell. More specifically, the phrase, "the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell" was a meme for some time, owing in part to it being used in a viral image criticizing the educational quality of the school system; this is also thematically similar to the anti-intellectual stance of denial described within its entry.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If the Evolver is dropped and picked back up in dragon form, the gun will hover much further away from the gungeoneer while held, and the gungeoneer's hand will appear to be detached from their body.