Face Melter is a gun that simultaneously fires four streams of musical notes 90° apart from each other. Reloading leaves an amplifier on the ground which repeats the same pattern. Reloading again will remove the old amplifier and place a new one.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Alternative Rock - If the player has Drum Clip, Melted Rock, Gilded Bullets, Platinum Bullets, Heavy Bullets, or Ruby Bracelet, instead of firing four streams, Face Melter fires two parallel columns of notes. Reloading fires a guitar pick with a chance to stun.
- Shredder - If the player also has Metronome, Face Melter's accuracy is decreased.
- If another gun is Duct Taped to the Face Melter, the amplifier will fire projectiles from both guns as well.
- If an enemy stands directly on top of an amplifier, they will be dealt damage from all 4 streams.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, Face Melter had 300 maximum ammo and a magazine size of 50.
- In co-op, if playing as The Cultist, reloading will drop the amplifier at the other player's location.
- Every time the Face Melter is fired, it randomly selects one of four songs to play. This has no apparent effects on gameplay.
- These songs are slowed down by Bullet Time.
- Continuously firing while reloading will cause the gun's song to still play.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to the musical slang for powerful heavy metal guitar solos.
- The description may be a reference to Borderlands 2's Mr. Torgue, who has a penchant for air guitar solos. The subtitles of said solos are similar to the description of the gun.
- The tooltip and name may be a reference to the game Brütal Legend, where there is a solo called Face Melter.
- The amplifier dropped after reloading closely resembles that of a Marshall MG gold series amplifier.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Face Melter's appearance with the Alternative Rock synergy.