|Damage:||Varying (11.7 on average)|
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|2D6 + Int Mod|
|Sets enemies aflame.
Alben Smallbore, enthralled with the variety of guns he found in the Gungeon, created this spell. Upon casting, the wielder's hand bursts into flame, allowing fireballs to be thrown like bullets.
The damage dealt by the gun is approximately equal to 2d6 * 1.3846 + 2, which is an average of 11.7 damage per shot. The possible damage values and their frequencies are:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hotter Than Heck - If the player has Pitchfork, increases the shot size and damage of the guns by 25%, and grants fire immunity while they are held.
- Maximize Spell - If the player also has Chance Bullets or Gungeon Pepper, the Flame Hand turns green, and fires green flames that no longer pierce enemies but leave pools of green fire upon hitting enemies. This green fire does not damage or burn the player, and will burn enemies until they die.
- Phoenix Up - If the player has Phoenix, summons a phoenix companion that fires at enemies.
- Due to the high knockback and large size of the fireballs, they can hit the same enemy multiple times.
- The size of the projectile is proportional to the dice roll result, with bigger balls dealing bigger damage.
- When a gun is duct taped to Flame Hand, the gun will also start varying in damage and size.
- Flame Hand deals no damage to Muzzle Wisps and Muzzle Flares.
- On top of the synergy with Chance Bullets, the Flame Hands multiplier applies to bullets from other guns when shot from the Flame Hand, giving the possibility of massive damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update Flame Hand and Pitchfork used to have the same mechanics; Flame Hand did not have varying damage.
- 2D6 + Int mod is a reference to Dungeons and Dragons
- In D&D, "2D6" means to roll two six sided dice and "Int mod" to add a character's intelligence modifier.
- The "Maximize Spell" synergy is another reference to a feat in Dungeons and Dragons, which maximizes all of the variable numeric effects of a chosen spell.
- The "Phoenix Up" synergy is likely a reference to the item Phoenix Down from the Final Fantasy series of games.
- The character of Alben Smallbore mentioned in the Ammonomicon entry of this and the Silencer is a reference to Headmaster Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Flame Hand's appearance with the Maximize Spell synergy.