As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Frifle and the Grey Mauser
Frifle and the Grey Mauser are NPCs that give the player hunting quests. After killing enough of a certain enemy, Frifle and the Grey Mauser will reward the player with 5 and a new item or gun unlock.
List of Quests[edit | edit source]
|Random enemy||Dependent on tracked enemy.||5|
Hunting Tips[edit | edit source]
General Tips[edit | edit source]
- Unlock all shortcuts. Many enemies are only found in specific chambers, so shortcuts will cut down the time needed to reach them.
- If you use shortcuts to find specific enemies, use rainbow runs to obtain powerful weapons.
- If you go for quest completion only, don't bother defeating bosses; instead, use all firepower available to quickly clear rooms in order to cut down the time needed for each quest.
Enemy Specific Tips[edit | edit source]
|Bullet Kin||Bullet Kin are common all across the Gungeon.|
|Blobulon||Blobulons are common all across the Gungeon.
Note: The following do not count towards the hunting quest:
|Hollowpoint||Hollowpoints are common all across the Gungeon, but the most are found in the Hollow.|
|Gunjurer||Gunjurers are common all across the Gungeon, but the most are found in the Hollow.|
|Beholster||Either use a shortcut to restart the Gungeon Proper until a Beholster appears, or use the Boss Rush to guarantee encountering a Beholster.|
|Mimic||Shoot every chest you encounter at least once in order to discover every possibly spawned Mimic.
The higher the amount of Curse the player has accumulated, the higher is the chance for chests to turn into Mimic.
Avoid using the Ring of Mimic Friendship.
Pedestal and Wall mimics count.
|Gun Nut||Gun Nuts can be found all across the Gungeon, but are most plentiful in the Forge.|
|Bullet Shark||The Gungeon Proper has many rooms that can contain up to 6 Bullet Sharks.|
|Lead Maiden||Lead Maidens are most common in the Gungeon Proper, which will usually contain 2-3 Lead Maidens overall.|
|Gunzookie||Gunzookies can be commonly found in Black Powder Mine and the Forge.|
|Shambling Round||Shambling Rounds may be found in the Black Powder Mine.|
|Shelleton||Shelletons are primarily found in the Hollow, which will usually contain 2-3 Shelletons overall.
By keeping an Ammomancer and at least one other enemy in the room alive, up to 3 Shelletons can be summoned per Ammomancer. Using this tactic, many Shelletons can be encountered in one run.
|Shroomer||Shroomers are most common in the Oubliette and also often found in the Forge.|
|Kill Pillars||Use Boss Rush or the Hollow shortcut.
Note: You need to win 3 encounters with the Kill Pillars, not just kill 3 statues.
|Dragun||Use Boss Rush or the Forge shortcut.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Frifle and the Grey Mauser are a reference to Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.
- Frifle is a portmanteau of Fafhrd and Rifle.
- Grey Mauser is also a reference to Mauser, a German arms manufacturer.
- The official comic explains how both Frifle and Grey Mauser ended up in the Gungeon, and that their original goal was to kill the past due to an accident.
- Once the High Dragun hunt has been completed, Frifle and Grey Mauser will select a random enemy to hunt. This cycle will continue endlessly as the player completes each hunt.