|30 (full health) |
64.3 (1 missing heart)
83.3 (2 missing hearts)
|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Kill the pasts of all four main Gungeoneers.|
|Increased clip capacity with damage taken.
The Gilded Hydra is a masterwork shotgun created by Edwin, the legendary gunsmith. Its capacity grows every time its bearer is wounded.
Gilded Hydra is a gun that fires large bursts of piercing, bouncing bullets. Its magazine size is increased by 1 for each half heart the player is missing, and healing any missing health decreases magazine size.
- Ecstasy of Gold - If the player also has Gilded Bullets, Gilded Hydra's damage is increased by 25%.
- Magazine size will not increase when playing as The Robot.
- Gilded Hydra always starts with a magazine size of 1, regardless of health missing when it is picked up. It will increase to the correct size upon taking damage
- Dropping the gun will reset the magazine size.
- The gun's bullet spread is always symmetrical, though extra bullets due to passives such as Shadow Bullets do not necessarily share the symmetry.
- The gun's spread is technically zero, despite its rather large apparent spread. This is because the angle of its bullets is fixed rather than random, unlike other similar shotgun-like weapons. This means that accuracy increasing items will not reduce its spread.
- The decreasing health adding to the clip size is an allusion to the Lernaean Hydra of Greek mythology, a beast that would sprout two heads in the place of one that was severed.
- The description is a reference to Revelation 2:1 in the Bible which says "these are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands."
- The Synergy Ecstasy of Gold is a reference to Ennio Morricone's song "The Ecstasy of Gold" from the Western film "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."