We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Grappling Hook is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Allows players to hook onto and then pull themselves towards walls at a fast speed.
- The hook has unlimited range.
- Hitting an enemy with the hook stuns it and deals 10 damage.
- Hitting an item with the hook pulls it towards the player.
- The player is invulnerable when traveling with the grappling hook, and will travel over pits and hazards.
- This item allows players to steal items from the shop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Black Flag - If the player also has Corsair, each Corsair shot will periodically fire two bouncing cannonballs perpendicular to itself as it travels.
- Raizo's Stuff - If the player also has Bloodied Scarf, bullets shot while being pulled with the grappling hook gain homing.
- If the player cannot reach the hook's location (e.g. table blocking the way), the hook will automatically deactivate after a few seconds.
- The Grappling Hook can be used to cheat in Winchester's Games.
- Using Grappling Hook to steal items while inside the shop will sometimes cause the player to get caught, even on the first theft.
- The Grappling Hook is not able to steal the Prime Primer or the Gnawed Key.
- The Grappling Hook can be used to easily get the Planar Lead.
- Firing Grappling Hook at Baby Good Mimic will stun it and cause it to attack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to the Hookshot, an item from the The Legend of Zelda franchise.
- Interestingly enough, the sprites related to this item refer to it as "scorpion_hook", in reference to Scorpion of the Mortal Kombat series, who uses a hook on a metal chain to pull enemies closer to himself.
- Black Flag is a reference to the game Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.