Gunderfury is a gun that gains experience and levels up with kills, up to a maximum of level 60. Experience persists across runs, whether the player dies, restarts, or quits. After killing enemies and gaining enough experience, it levels up on the spot without any extra indication besides the bullets and the gun's appearance changing.
- Below level 20 it functions like a shotgun.
- At level 20, its fire rate increases and it functions like an automatic weapon. However, its designation as a Semiautomatic weapon does not change.
- At level 30, it shoots much larger bullets at a slower fire rate and higher shot speed which slow enemies on hit.
- At level 40, it shoots slightly faster and more accurately.
- At level 50, it becomes a rapid-fire laser rifle.
- At level 60, it rapidly shoots two beams of light. Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chance On Hit - If the player also has Silver Bullets, this gun will obtain a chance to slow enemies and make Gunderfury's bullets act like they have Shock Rounds.
- Worlds Of Guncraft - If the player also has Mr. Accretion Jr., Gunderfury will occasionally shoot out Mr. Accretion Jr. shots.
- Players do not need to kill enemies using Gunderfury for it to level up; just having it in their inventory during kills is enough for it to gain experience. (However, testing is required to determine if doing so affects how much experience is gained)
- It seems that different enemies "drop" different amounts of experience, as one would expect from a typical RPG. Weaker enemies such as Bullats and Blobulins grant minimal experience, while bosses can potentially cause the gun to level up multiple times from a single encounter.
- From level 20-29, it temporarily becomes an Automatic gun, despite its Semiautomatic status. It (probably) has a higher DPS overall, but it can run out of ammo extremely quickly. It is advised to simply hold it and allow it to level up passively, and then switch back to it when it hits level 30.
- From level 40-49, the bullet will fire from just slightly behind the player making it more difficult to fire shots out when backed up against a wall on the left or right side of the player.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
•There is a glitch where if you tape a gun to Gunderfury and then have it level up, the gun will have the ammo it would have if it were not duct taped, rather than the ammo it would have with the gun (for example, taping a Mass Shotgun to a Lvl 30 Gunderfury will give it 500 ammo, but upon becoming Level 40, it will have 400 ammo). • In v2.1.4, if Gunderfury is at level 20 or above, the game will crash if it spawns in Rainbow Mode.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to the sword Thunderfury Blessed Blade of the Windseeker from World of Warcraft. The leveling system is also reflective of many roleplaying games, such as WoW, wherein killing enemies grants the player experience which will cause them to level up and grow in level, becoming more powerful and unlocking more abilities. Level 60 was also the maximum level when World of Warcraft was released.