Gunther is a gun that grows stronger with each room cleared. It has infinite ammo and does not reveal secret walls.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Gunther has 3 stages of behavior, depending on how many rooms have been cleared.
- First Stage: Fires piercing bullets at 6 damage.
- Second Stage: Bullets deal 9 damage and bounce twice.
- Third Stage: Bullets deal 12 damage and home in on enemies instead of bouncing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As of the Supply Drop Update, dropping Gunther will no longer reset his affinity to the first stage.
- Similar to other guns with infinite ammo, Gunther cannot be combined with other guns using Duct Tape.
- Gunjurers cannot absorb Gunther's bullets.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "My previous owner cleared that room faster."
- "Next time, aim a little better."
- "This is going to be a long day."
- "Well, you didn't die."
- "Why am I here?"
- "...well done."
- "Not bad for a (random insult)."
- "That was alright, I guess."
- "Decent use of bullets."
- "I'd give that a C... minus."
- "Maybe I was wrong about you."
- "We make a pretty good team."
- "Top-notch work."
- "Past, here we come!"
- "Phew! That was exciting."
- "Go team Gungeon!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Quote "Go team Gungeon!" may be a reference to the Venture Bros. catch phrase "Go team Venture!"
- Gunther is a pun on Gun and the common Germanic name Günther.
- When shooting a wall, Gunther's bullets will leave hitmarkers that resemble the letters N, R, and Φ, which also happen to be the same attacks that Bookllets use.
- When Gunther's magazine is fully empty, the face on the gun will appear to be sleeping.
- Gunther has two reload animations. When reloading a partially empty magazine, the character flips him end over end. When reloading a fully empty magazine, the character tilts Gunther on his side and shakes him.