|First Stage: 34.6|
Second Stage: 51.9
Third Stage: 69.2
|Damage:||First Stage: 6|
Second Stage: 9
Third Stage: 12
|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Kill the High Dragun with the Sorceress's blessing.|
|Grows more powerful with each room cleared.
This distrustful gun has gained sentience. As with all intelligent weapons, he should be treated with respect and care.
Gunther is a gun that grows stronger with each room cleared.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Gunther has 3 stages of behavior. Upon clearing a room, there is a chance to gain friendship with Gunther, indicated by him talking. At 3 friendship, Gunther advances to the second stage. At 6 friendship, he advances to the third and final stage.
- First Stage: Fires piercing bullets at 6 damage.
- Second Stage: Besides piercing, bullets deal 9 damage and bounce twice.
- Third Stage: Bullets deal 12 damage and home in on enemies instead of bouncing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As of the Supply Drop Update, dropping Gunther will no longer reset his affinity to the first stage.
- Similar to other guns with infinite ammo, Gunther cannot be combined with other guns using Duct Tape, be fed to the muncher, or reveal secret rooms.
- The bullets of this gun can pierce through flipped tables.
- Gunjurers cannot absorb Gunther's bullets at stage 3.
- If you roll and spam the fire button right after ending your roll, you will shoot all of your bullets much faster.
- The bullets of this gun ignore the “Unfriendly Fire” modifier in Challenge Mode.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "My previous owner cleared that room faster."
- "Next time, aim a little better."
- "This is going to be a long day."
- "Well, you didn't die."
- "Why am I here?"
- "...well done."
- "Not bad for a (random insult)."
- "That was alright, I guess."
- "Decent use of bullets."
- "I'd give that a C... minus."
- "Maybe I was wrong about you."
- "We make a pretty good team."
- "Top-notch work."
- "Past, here we come!"
- "Phew! That was exciting."
- "Go team Gungeon!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Quote "Go team Gungeon!" may be a reference to the Venture Bros. catch phrase "Go team Venture!"
- Gunther is a pun on Gun and the common German name Günther.
- When shooting a wall, Gunther's bullets will leave hitmarkers that resemble the letters N, R, and Φ, which also happen to be the same attacks that Bookllets use.
- When Gunther's magazine is fully empty, the face on the gun will appear to be sleeping.
- Gunther has two reload animations. When reloading a partially empty magazine, the character flips him end over end. When reloading a fully empty magazine, the character tilts Gunther on his side and shakes him.
- Gunther may be a reference to the Gallows Dodger, a special weapon in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell that also has infinite ammo, gets stronger by killing enemies, and talks to its user.
- Gunther's appearance resembles that of Vivec from the game The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Gunther's face could be a reference to the game Doom, where there is a Status bar face which looks from side to side.