We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Helix Bullets is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Doubles the player's bullets and causes them to travel in a helix pattern.
- Each bullet deals 66% of its original damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Double Double Helix - If the player also has Helix, Helix will fire 4 projectiles per shot instead of 2, damage is increased by 25%, and shot speed is increased by 50%.
- Dualing Pistol - If the player also has Dueling Pistol, it gains homing and changes appearance.
- One Fish Two Fish - If the player also has Barrel, Barrel will fire a normal blue fish and a red fish that sets enemies on fire.
- If all projectiles hit, damage is effectively increased by 32%.
- This item has a negative effect with guns that fire homing projectiles such as Bullet Bore or Com4nd0, causing them to lose homing.
- If the player also has Shadow Bullets, the shadow projectiles will retain homing.
- This item does not affect shots fired from other guns with Chance Bullets.
- When used by a gun that fires several different kinds of shots at random, such as Mr. Accretion Jr. or Tetrominator, each bullet of the helix will be randomly selected.
- If bullets are reflected by Casey with this item, the bullets will fly in a helix pattern but will not double.
- When using Remote Bullets, the helical bullet path will remain even as bullets curve towards the cursor.
- This item applies to bullets fired via passive items such as the Orange Guon Stone.
- This item makes Winchester's game nearly impossible to win, as the helix modifier makes it so the shots don't go in a straight line. The item cannot be dropped after paying Winchester, so make sure to drop it ahead of time.
- The item also affects projectiles of some familiars.
- With Scattershot, instead of firing six times as many projectiles, four times as many projectiles fire in twice as many separate helix patterns, with each projectile dealing 26.4% of its normal damage.
- If the player has Flak Bullets, the smaller bullets will not travel in a helix pattern.
- Helix Bullets only partially affect the final projectile of Zorgun, causing it to move in a helix pattern but not duplicate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item's appearance is a reference to the original Pokémon games, offered to the player as one fossil, "the Helix Fossil", among a choice of two. The other, "the Dome Fossil", does not appear to be referenced in game.
- The pickup text is a reference to the cult-like following the item acquired during a collaborative stream of these games, called "Twitch Plays Pokémon," where viewers/collaborators would often quote "praise helix" as the player, who was controlled by Twitch chat, would often unsuccessfully attempt to “use” the Helix Fossil.
- The Barrel synergy is a reference to the Dr. Seuss children's book, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
- The Helix Synergy is possibly a reference to the Death Grips song "Double Helix"