High Dragunfire is a gun that fires purple bullets resembling flames.
Acquirement[edit | edit source]
The secret room containing the High Dragunfire can only be found on Gungeon Proper. The cracked wall to this secret room can only be located on the left or right side of a room, not the top or bottom. The fastest way to find the secret room containing the High Dragunfire is to take the shortcut elevator to Gungeon Proper, and clear the floor while searching only for the secret room. It is recommended to play as The Robot as his armor will open cracked walls upon taking damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The secret room containing the High Dragunfire contains six cultists kneeling to a red chest, with various dialogue:
- First time: "Welcome, fellow acolyte! It appears that Gun Cult fashion has changed substantially since our forefathers were sealed into this holy chamber. Be at peace, for inside the chest before you...lies the fabled Gun That Can Kill The Past! Your long pilgrimage is finally at an end. Join us in eternal worship! Prostrate thyself!
- After reveal: "Our holy relic... a simple gun that cannot kill the past? It can't be..."
- Subsequent times: "Welcome back, iconoclast! Even though our worship has been shown to be nothing but a paltry insult, we are too set in our ways to change."
- Talking to him: "It seems that bullets have gotten a lot larger since we were sealed in here."
- The High Dragunfire is not in the guns tab of the Ammonomicon. This is intentional, and means it is not required to unlock the Finished Gun.
- Once the High Dragunfire has been unlocked, any visits to the secret room on subsequent runs will earn the player a normal chest of random rarity.
- If the player is in Rainbow Mode, opening the chest will not give the player the High Dragunfire as it will be taken by Bowler, but it will still unlock the gun for future runs.
- There is a small chance the chest the High Dragunfire is in will turn into a glitched chest. Opening it will send the player to the glitched floor instead of dropping the High Dragunfire.
- The secret room containing the High Dragunfire will not show a chest in the room on the mini map if it's revealed either by a Map pickup, the Gungeon Blueprint, or Cartographer's Ring. Instead it will show a large unopened secret room with nothing in it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Removed: Unknown - There is an unused synergy between High Dragunfire and an unknown item which is only present as a sprite in the game files. It is rumored to make the gun fire piercing explosive shots, however this is not confirmed.
- The High Dragunfire and the cultist's dialogue is a reference to old screenshots of the game, featuring a pink Dragunfire and smaller bullets.
- The shape of the gun is remarkably similar to that of a Bolter from Warhammer 40,000.
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A glitched High Dragunfire chest found by Retromation.