The gun fires a shot, which upon hitting an enemy, marks the enemy and causes the enemy's soul to leave its body. The soul will despawn after a short amount of time, if it hits a wall, or if a blank is used. If the player contacts this soul, the enemy takes massive damage. Soul collection kills non-boss enemies instantly, and deals 55 damage to bosses. Additionally, all other marked enemies in the room take 5 damage.
The gun takes 6 ammo per shot, effectively having an ammo capacity of 111.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kailber k'pow uboom k'bhang - If the player also has Holey Grail, Cursed Bullets, or Yellow Chamber, the split soul initially moves towards the player instead of away.
- Bullet modifications such as Fat Bullets increase the size of the souls, allowing the player to collect them more easily.
- If the player has Scattershot or Helix Bullets, each bullet that hits will spawn a soul, and the damage dealt by collecting souls is not decreased.
- Damage dealt by the souls bypasses the boss DPS cap.
- If the player has Remote Bullets, the soul moves towards the crosshair.
- Stealing a boss's soul can damage bosses while in normally undamageable states, such as when Blobulord is split into smaller Blobulon-looking bullets.
- This gun is especially useful in co-op play, as souls can be collected by a partner or even the partner's ghost.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You can kill the Gunreaper by shooting once and taking his soul. You cannot, though, kill the Lord of the Jammed with it, as the bullets just phase through it.
- The synergy Kailber k'pow uboom k'bhang is most likely a reference to the term "ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" of the H.P Lovecraft story "Call of Cthulhu".
- This gun is most likely a dual reference to both Soulcalibur, a fighting game series featuring a demonic blade that turns its host into a nightmarish abomination similar to what the Entry physically describes the gun as, and Soul Reaver, a spinoff game from the Legacy of Kain series starring an undead vampire that consumes the souls of his slain foes.