|Sell Creep Price:||21|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the player also has Mahoguny, damage is increased by 25%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fact that the weapon increases Curse while being carried stems from the Gungeon rejecting non-bullet based weapons.
- The Huntsman appears to be a Regular Shotgun with an axe blade instead of the barrel. Statistically, The Huntsman is weaker overall, with a slightly worse magazine size, damage, and fire rate.
- The Huntsman may be a reference to the animated series RWBY. In the series, the main characters are Huntsmen (and Huntresses) who protect humankind from monsters, notably using melee weapons that can transform into, or are a combination with, some kind of gun. One character, Peter Port, wields a blunderbuss-axe similar to the Huntsman.
- The Huntsman might also be a reference to the series Agents Of Shield. In the series, a shotgun outfitted with an Axe is the main weapon of Mack, one of the protagonists.
- The Huntsman may also be a reference to historical firearms with attached melee weapons. Notably, those that feature an axe-head though most examples feature a pistol rather than a shotgun.
- "Axes of Evil" is a play on words in reference to a speech by George W. Bush where he referred to foreign governments allegedly aiding terrorists as belonging to an Axis of Evil.