Hyper Light Blaster
Hyper Light Blaster is a gun that fires pink lasers. Though it has very low maximum ammo, hitting an enemy will restore 1 ammo.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hard Light - This gun's clip size and maximum ammo is increased by 50% and gains homing if the player also has the Light Gun.
- With items that multiply the number of bullets fired such as Scattershot, Helix Bullets, Ring of Triggers, Shadow Bullets, Double Vision, or the Y.V. Shrine, it is possible to gain ammo as each bullet that hits will restore ammo.
- Special bullets fired by Bloody 9mm will not restore ammo, even if they hit an enemy.
- If a mimic that has not yet been awakened is hit with a bullet, it will not restore ammo.
- Only Hyper Light Blaster's bullets will refund ammo if another gun is Duct Taped to it.
- Shots will not pierce with Ghost Bullets.
- Hitting enemies with Hip Holster bullets will restore ammo.
- Picking up Drum Clip will increase the magazine size without increasing ammo capacity, meaning the player will be unable to restore more than the original number of bullets when picking up ammo.
- Bullets from other guns fired via Chance Bullets will not restore ammo.
- Angry Bullets will never refire shots fired from this gun.
- It is still possible to restore ammo while hitting an enemy in its death animation.
- Easy Reload Bullets has no effect on this gun.
- When reloading with the new appearance caused by the Hard Light synergy, the appearance will revert back to the original for the duration of the reload.
- Flak Bullets do not restore ammo.
- If the player has both Potion of Gun Friendship and +1 Bullets, the gun created by the synergy Friend to Gun and Bullet will restore ammo.
- Shots affected by Vorpal Bullets will not restore ammo, even if they hit an enemy.
- Shots that hit curse jars will not restore ammo.
- Shots that hit the rats in the room with the trapdoor leading to the Resourceful Rat's Lair, in the Black Powder Mine - and the ones with candles in the Lair itself - will restore ammo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun, as well as its effect, is a reference to the game Hyper Light Drifter.
- The tooltip is a quote from one of the monoliths seen in-game.
- Despite this, Hyper Light Blaster behaves differently from Hyper Light Drifter's pistol, where hitting enemies with the sword restores ammo rather than the gun itself. This change is mentioned in its Ammonomicon entry.
- The Hard Light synergy changes the gun's appearance from the pistol to Zaliska, another gun from Hyper Light Drifter.
- Whenever ammo is refunded, the center of the gun is opened, revealing a red, glowing core.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Hyper Light Blaster's appearance with the Hard Light synergy.