Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Kill Pillars are a group of 4 enemies, each with their own health bars. However, unlike the Trigger Twins, they move as a group.
Their attacks consist of:
- A spinning volley of bullets which fill the arena. The player must stay close to the Kill Pillars and circle the boss to avoid taking damage. During this attack, the Kill Pillars will jump, sending out rings of bullets, which must be dodge rolled over. Both the rings and spinning arcs are jammed, dealing a full heart of damage.
- Jumping towards the player as a group, sending out bullets in all directions each time they land.
- Staying in the center of the arena while jumping more rapidly in succession, filling the screen with bullets.
- Lining up vertically on the left side of the screen and jumping to the right side, sending out bullets each time they land.
When one pillar is defeated, the others' eyes begin to glow.
When two pillars are defeated, the remaining pillars grow a third eye and the glow intensifies.
When only a single pillar remains, it will transform, heal itself up to full health again, and change its method of attack. It will continually jump and attempt to crush the player. When hitting the ground, it will release a large ring of bullets before attempting again to crush the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Much like the Trigger Twins, if the player is able to kill the final 2 pillars at the same time, the final phase of the boss will be skipped entirely.
- Due to Boss Rush not instituting the normal boss damage cap, and Kill Pillars having four targets, Big Boy will refill on a single use that hits all four pillars. As such, it can be spammed against the Pillars in Boss Rush, allowing a near-instant kill on them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Kill Pillars are a reference to the Armos Knights from The Legend of Zelda series.
- The Kill Pillars' final form resembles Kaliber, the goddess of bullets. Statues of her can also be seen as decoration in the boss room of the Abbey of the True Gun when fighting the Old King.
- The subtitle "Hearts of Stone" is a reference to title of second DLC of "The Witcher Wild Hunt" named "Hearts of Stone".
- The Kill Pillars were originally known as the “Haunted Statues” in the pre-alpha with the tagline “Stone Spectres”.