Knight's Gun is a gun that fires five bullets in an arrow shape. After reloading an empty clip, the player digs with the gun and can bring up a number of consumables and explosive themed items:
- 1, 5, or 50
- Chaff Grenade
- Cluster Mine
- Glass Guon Stone
- Ice Bomb
- Iron Coin
Knight's Gun can only dig up a finite number of items before it hits a cap, after which it will find only either a single casing or nothing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Green Thumb - There is an unknown synergy with Pea Shooter.
- Two Kinds of People - If the player also has Colt 1851, the Knight's Gun will always dig up something. The loot table is also modified, resulting in much better quality drops. See the talk page for drop rates.
- Shield Night - If the player also has Shield of the Maiden, reloading the gun will leave a shield on the floor, just like the Betrayer's Shield.
- If the Knight's Gun is out of ammo, they can place a shield down about every second, and multiple shields can exist at the same time (they still decay, however).
- The digging effect bypasses the item acquirement restrictions of Rainbow Mode.
- If the player has used Spice, drops have a chance to be replaced with more Spice
- This weapon is extremely powerful when playing as The Robot, as it frequently digs up Junk, which increases the Robot's damage.
- Together with Holey Grail, the player can get infinite casings, Armor, Junk, Keys, Glass Guon Stones, and Blanks. Taking damage from e.g. falling into a pit refills 50% of Knight's Gun, which allows for at least 15 reloads. At a 7.5% combined chance, one can expect 1.125 health and/or armor (and an occasional Orange or Medkit) per damage taken, resulting in an expected net win. At increased max ammo and/or the Colt 1851 synergy, one can expect even more health/armor per damage taken.
- Reloading over webs and oil lights them on fire.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to the game Shovel Knight.
- The gun's ability to dig up bomb related items may be a reference to Plague Knight, who is a playable character whose play style focuses on using bombs.
- The description is a reference to the creators of Shovel Knight, Yacht Club Games.
- The synergy 'Shield Night' is a reference to Shovel Knight's partner, Shield Knight, as well as her weapon of choice being a shield.
- The Synergy 'Two Kinds of People is a reference to a line from the film 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'.