Lead Maidens are a notably difficult enemy encountered both on early floors and later ones. They will slowly hop towards the player, then open up and fire three rings of triangular bullets that will stick to walls, then fire towards the player. Upon death they explode.
Lead Maidens cannot be damaged while they are closed, even when under debuffs like fire and poison. Bullets that hit them will instead ricochet off their body (similar to Minelets).
Lead Maidens can be dangerous in rooms containing little to no cover, floor hazards, limited movement space, and numerous dead ends that they can force the player into. However, their attacks are very predictable and can be easily avoided once the player is familiar with them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While stunned or frozen Lead Maidens will remain open and therefore remain vulnerable.
- Using a blank while a Lead Maiden is open will make it immediately close back up again.
- Despite how they always open up facing forward, they can be damaged from all sides.
- Their projectiles will not stick to tables and instead be destroyed upon contact.
- However, unlike most bullet types, contact with pots will not destroy the bullets.
- If charmed, their projectiles will still target the player.
- If poisoned or on fire, it will not take damage until it is open.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Lead Maiden is based on the presumed torture device, the iron maiden.
- Daughter of Slaughter is based on a song from the band Iron Maiden called Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter.
- When the Devolver is used on a Lead Maiden, it turns into a random Shotgun Kin.