|Magazine Size:||50 (Gun)|
Rocket: 20 (Impact)
+ 30 (Explosion)
|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Avalanche Of Bullets|
|According to legend, two men were each fitted with one of these hands. One the left, and the other the right.
The next time they met, only one walked away.
Machine Fist is a gun that alternates between firing a gatling gun, and a single shot exploding rocket punch that is guided by the player's cursor upon reloading.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- that &^#$# 'pizza' - If the player also has RPG, RPG's rockets are replaced with a rocket fist that can be guided, and Machine Fist's bullets bounce twice and gain slight homing.
- The rocket punch consumes 10 ammo upon firing.
- Like other single shot weapons, firing a rocket fist causes the player to reload the gun immediately after, transforming it.
- In order to reload, the gun must have remaining ammo greater than the size of the magazine. Therefore, once the last of the gun's ammo is loaded in machine gun mode, none of that ammo can be used for rocket punches, even if there is more than 10 ammo remaining.
- Whilst the weapon is in explosive fist mode, dropping it will cause it to visually return to machine gun mode but still fire the rocket. This is fixed upon reloading.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to a weapon of the same name from Final Fantasy VII along with its user, Barret, and the group of eco-guerilla fighters he founded: "Avalanche".
- The flavor text is a reference to Barret's Subplot with his former friend Dyne who also had a Machine Fist installed.
- The synergy that &^#$# 'pizza' is a reference to an insult Barret once directed at the city of Midgar, calling it "that &^#$# 'pizza'", referring to the way that the upper level of the city was built on an enormous circular metal plate suspended above the lower level of the city.