We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Macho Brace is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- When coming out of a dodge roll, the player briefly glows yellow. The first shot fired while glowing deals 30% extra damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blunderbrace - If the player also has Blunderbuss, it shoots bigger and faster bullets and charge time is reduced.
- If the player gets hit while glowing, the visual effect will become permanent, but the item's functionality will stay the same.
- Gunboots are affected by Macho Brace.
- While sliding down tables, the glow around the player remains. This allows them to shoot multiple consecutive shots at a higher damage.
- When playing as The Paradox, the glow around the player appears pink and white.
- While the effect is still active, shots fired by familiars are also affected.
- Roll Bomb is affected by Macho Brace.
- Bullets that are shot by projectiles such as Bullet are not affected by Macho Brace.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the Pokémon held item of the same name, which halves the speed of the Pokémon holding it, in exchange for doubling the Effort Value that the Pokémon gains from battle.
- EVs, short for "Effort Value", are a hidden stat that affects stat increases upon leveling up. This is referenced by the Gungeon item's tagline, "Value for Effort".
- "Does not affect speed" references the speed-decreasing attributes of the Pokémon item, and "training to be the very best" also references the Pokémon anime theme song.