|571 (ignoring ammo)|
|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Reward from hunting quests.|
|You Only Get One Shot|
|A makeshift weapon filled with gunpowder and shrapnel. Immensely powerful, but it can only be fired once.|
Makeshift Cannon is a gun that fires a blast of 6 colored balls that deal extremely high damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Return - If the player also has Pig, the Pig turns green to resemble Cannon, and shoots bat projectiles at nearby enemies.
- The Makeshift Cannon is one of the few guns able to ignore the Boss DPS cap. Because it only has one shot, it is recommended to only use it during boss fights.
- When the shots get destroyed they make an explosion similar to that of BSG.
- Holey Grail can refill Makeshift Cannon's ammo upon taking damage.
- Having Magazine Rack will allow you to create a loop. Using the item will make this gun have infinite bullets, allowing you to destroy bosses easily, while at the same time, recharging Magazine Rack almost instantaneously.
- Duct Taping this to other weapons can immensely increase its ammo count.
- Plunger is extremely effective when Duct Taped to Makeshift Cannon as it can instantly refill its ammo when standing on goop.
- Relodestone can refill the Makeshift Cannon right after firing it, making it possible to fire multiple Makeshift Cannon shots in rapid succession.
- Ring of Triggers's effect can shoot Makeshift Cannon's bullets in all directions, dealing high damage without consuming its ammo.
- Active items could also be recharged immediately due to the high damage.
- An Ammo Spread will only restore its shot if picked up while being held, since the 50% replenishment rounds up to 1 and the 20% replenishment rounds down, to 0.
- Turkey's effect applies even if the player switches weapons between shots. This can be used to endlessly restore ammo for the Makeshift Cannon.
- Because of Makeshift Cannon's piercing properties, which effectively guarantees its projectiles to always be destroyed upon hitting a wall, Orbital Bullets can significantly increase Makeshift Cannon's damage output, however this will also be very loud.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon's appearance and function is a reference to the Star Trek episode Arena, in which Kirk makes such a weapon out of bamboo, hand-mixed black powder, diamonds, and vines.
- The weapon's tagline is likely a reference to Eminem's Lose Yourself.