Split: 6x12 (72)
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Ox and Cadence for 9 .|
|My Favorite Gun|
|A shotgun used by the highest ranking soldiers of the Hegemony.
Designed for rapid deployment and easy storage, the Mass Shotgun fires a single large slug that bursts into smaller pellets.
Mass Shotgun is a gun that fires a large, slow projectile that will split up into a barrage of 12 small projectiles shortly afterwards.
- Mass Cutter - If the player has Mine Cutter, when the Mass Shotgun shot splits, 6-10 piercing Mine Cutter lasers will be fired in a cone in the direction the shotgun was fired.
- If the Mass Shotgun shot hits an enemy before it splits, the lasers will not fire.
- Massive Effect - If the player has Stout Bullets, Fat Bullets, or Heavy Bullets, the Mass Shotgun's shots become extremely large.
- To Serve Android - If the player has Badge, the police officer turns into a robot and becomes invincible.
- If the ball hits a wall, the smaller shots will split away from the wall. However, if the ball hits an object, it will not split.
- The Mass Shotgun is best used at medium range, where the initial projectile will hit its target as soon as it splits. At close range the large projectile will hit the target doing inferior damage; at long range the spread of the projectiles means many of them will miss the target.
- Remote Bullets will only affect the ball. When the ball splits the smaller shots still spread as normal.
- The smaller shot spread will be along the final trajectory of the large ball.
- This gun is a reference to the Mass Effect series' collapsible weapons.
- While it does not have a direct counterpart in Mass Effect, the Mass Shotgun is somewhat similar to the Geth Plasma Shotgun, which shoots 3 plasma pellets when uncharged and 1 plasma slug when charged. The colors of the shots are also green on both guns.
- This might also explain the To Serve Android synergy, since the Geth is a robotic race.
- The tagline references a side quest in Mass Effect 2, where the player, as Shepard can choose to sponsor a store with the line "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."
- The Mass Cutter synergy likely references the fact that both Dead Space and Mass Effect are published by Electronic Arts.
- Its functionality is almost identical to that of the BFG-9000 from the first two Doom games. After the launched projectile would hit something, 40 tracer rays are emitted from the player character in a cone-shaped (~45°) volume in the direction the plasma ball was fired.
- The Massive Effect synergy is also a reference to Mass Effect.