|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Better And Better|
|Improves equipped gun on each sequential kill. Taking damage or changing guns will reduce the bonus back to zero.|
Metronome is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants a +2% damage bonus for each enemy killed. The effect maxes out at +150% weapon damage (75 consecutive kills).
- The bonus is reset if the player takes damage, changes guns, or drops their gun.
- Picking up a new gun does not reset the bonus, effectively transferring the bonus to the new gun.
- After each kill a tone will play and a small note will appear above the player's head. As the damage bonus increases the tone will become higher pitched and the note will change color. The note is red when the bonus is maxed out.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Keeping The Beat - If the player has Drum Clip, the damage increase is changed to +4% damage per kill instead of +2%, and maxes out at +250% damage instead of +150%. The note at max level becomes silver. Picking up Drum Clip after Metronome resets the damage bonus.
- Shredder - Doubles the spread of the Face Melter and Gunzheng.
- Three Part Harmony - If the player also has Really Special Lute, the gun's spread is drastically decreased.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Adding currently equipped guns to a Muncher will reset the bonus as if switching guns.
- Playing Winchester's minigame will reset the bonus.
- Receiving and losing the Windgunner from Sprun will not reset the bonus.
- Enemies killed by any indirect means, such as through the Burn or Poison Status Effects, being killed by an explosive barrel or being knocked down a pit, will not increment this item's bonus.
- Transmogrified enemies killed by a gun will increment the bonus. Killing a transmogrified enemy by walking over it will not increase the bonus.
- The effect will trigger when killing any enemy, including illusions such as those spawned by Killithids, the harmless blob left over by Blobulord, chickens, and the hint rats.
- The effect will trigger if enemies are killed by bees spawned from Stinger.
- The effect will also trigger if an enemy is killed with Space Friend.
- The effect will also trigger if an enemy is killed with Gunboots.
- The effect will not trigger if an enemy is killed by Strafe Gun or Cat Claw's explosions, however it will trigger if killed by the impact of the nails.
- Metronome will reset upon completing the Gunsling King's challenge if you were given a gun to use for the challenge.
- Metronome will not reset upon gun swap during Blessed Runs caused by the Sorceress, making Blessed Runs much easier.
- Metronome will not reset when the item itself (not the gun you're holding) is dropped, essentially allowing you to swap guns without losing the bonus damage up.
- If duplicates of this item are somehow obtained, allows each Metronome to activate their individual effect when the player kills an enemy. If the player takes damage, changes or drops their gun, all of the Metronomes bonuses will reset.
- The number of Metronomes represent the number of small notes appearing after a kill. The oldest Metronome's note will appear at the very top while the newest will appear at the very bottom.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is a reference to the item of the same name from the Pokémon series, which works similarly, gradually increasing the damage of a move if used several times in a row.